The Fall of Sarpedon
1d10+Dex mod Damage (+3d6 lightning damage on crit)
- Making a ranged attack with this weapon does not provoke opportunity attacks from adjacent enemies.
- This weapon does full damage to swarms.
- At the owner’s option, the two Daily powers of this weapon may be used in conjunction, giving each benefit to the same attack. This expends both powers of the weapon, but only counts as a single use of a magic item daily power.
- (At Will-Lightning)Free Action. All damage dealt by this weapon is lightning damage. Another free action returns the damage to normal.
- (Encounter-Thunder)Free Action. You may use this power when you hit with the weapon.
Secondary Attack: Strength vs. Fortitude
Hit: The target of your Primary attack is pushed 1 square and knocked prone.
- (Daily-Lightning)Free Action. Use this power when you hit with the weapon. The target and each enemy within 2 squares of the target take 2d6 lightning damage.
- (Daily-Lightning)Free Action. Use an attack power with the weapon, the attack automatically hits (roll d20 to determine possible crit). All damage inflicted is lightning damage. You must have line of sight and line of effect to the target.
Recovered in the ruins of the temple of the Raven Queen beneath Dark Rapids by Maylor Taskoff, Shockwave is an intelligent magical weapon, with the ability to communicate verbally. Whether Shockwave is able to also communicate telepathically or empathically as well is unknown, as thus far it has limited its interaction to often scathing criticism of its weilder’s (and companions) talents and rude comments to others the party has come to contact with.
Shockwave’s abilities were signifigantly enhanced in an encounter where the weapon was placed in a Creation Forge, imbuing the weapon with the unfettered power of the Elemental Chaos for a brief period.
After Maylor drew the Talons card from The Deck of Many Things, Shockwave’s ego appears to have been disconnected due to the curse, as the bow has made no indication of communication since that time.